over a year ago i authorized a third party charge to help a friend. september 19th 2009 directtv charge my credit card $384.02.

i don't even have directtv. they looked back at my friends pay history and because he was behind in paying his account they charged it to my card based on my third payrty payment over a year ago. i think this is as violation of some federal law and that they should be answerable for doing this-trying to colect from a third party.

i have written them several emails but nobody seems to accept responsibility. you cannot find an adress on line for the companys headquarters and if i could i would write thre president of the firm and see what he would do if a company did this to him

Review about: Directv Account.

Comments

To 2. Written by Margaret N:

How *** can you be?

Seriously.

They have it in letters as clear as day that 29.99 is the introductory price then it goes up. If you are suprised that is your fault.

Directv is the worst company I think I have dealt with in a long time. Years ago, I had Directv and had no problems with them.

For several months, I got a letter from them stating We missed you and want you back. I screwed up and changed back to them. I have had nothing but problems with billing and people that I talk to. When and everytime I called them I would ask to talk to a supervisor, and I would get hung up on everytime.

DO NO USE DIRECTV. I am stuck with a contract and can't wait for it to end.

direct tv are absolute out and out LIARS and THIEVES. They advertise a $29.99 price and say you can put the service on hold if you are not in town.

I bought their @%!!!

service and now the bill me $59 a month (1 tv only) and say I have a sports package (don't watch sports) I said change it to basic they said no I am locked in for the entire season!! What?? They also won't put the service on hold if I travel, they said they cannot for the first 3 months, and they just argue with you and never listen or help.

They are awful. The president ran the company that throws chemtrails in the air....I used to do business with this company and they were great, now completely EVIL!!!

HA HA DUMB A$$

#9 and #10 you are full of ***! You would have to be an *** to think you would get all the pro sports with just the msg channel. #10 I have had their new hi def dish and never lost signal, you're full of *** too plus your grammar sucks!

suzanrush

Here's some really good news for those who are "displeased" or angry with any subscription tv "service." Those crooks are equal opportunity offenders.

But the great news is that with the introduction of DTV (digital television) back in Feb.

2008 - no one ever needs to pay again. It is essentially the end of a era ... all the pay *** tv is obsolete. And it's no coincidence or accident that it's still the best kept secret in America.!

This is fact, I'm getting it and it's fabulous. All you need is the right antenna, a converter box (for old tvs) and a clear line of sight. That's it.

Pass it on ... I'm tired of doing this alone.

ERinSoCal

We have had DirecTV for the past 2 years. We have received the worst customer service on the phone and in person (technician).

We also cannot order PPV by tv, we must call it in and pay extra. I was also on the phone with someone in customer service that completely wasted my time and just messed with me. After talking with "Jim" for the first 10 min. about our service he would say, "Now, what is it you wanted?".

When I would explain it again, he would say something similar like, "So, you want to order more boxes?" or "You want to change your address"...when I had finally had it (without going ballistic) and said, "So, your name is Jim?", he would reply with, "No, I said Tom or John or..." Needless to say, I hung up, called to complain to a supervisor who claimed they could do absolutely nothing...and this was all in response to bad service we were already receiving! We're just riding out our contract.

NEVER AGAIN. NEVER DIRECTV.

we had direct tv for several years and they over charged us all the time. They also kept turning off our access to order pay per view movies so we would have to phone them in and they could charge us more for each movie, then i would complain and they would turn it back on for a few months.

Now finally have dish and am much happier with it. Dish also had local channels and direct tv did not.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #83977

Direct TV

Corporate Office

Ms. Ellen Filipiak

Sr. VP, Customer Care

2230 East Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

bombard them with your complaints

write or record everything you discuss with Direct TV. Names, dates, offers, verify what will be included and what is no charge because THEY WILL TRY TO STICK IT TO YOU.

I've had their service for two months and have had to call them four times to get correct package (bait and switch), correct monthly charge, credit for billing for "shipping and handling" of their "free" receivers, and charging my credit card which was only to be used in the event my credit was bad, which it isn't and having confidence they wouldn't be charging anything on it, foolishly gave it to them, but I'm refusing to pay for charges.

Don't back down from them, and ask to speak to supervisor if they say they "can't" do something. Keep pressing on.

I GOT DIRECT TV LAST MONTH, ORDERING THE AMERICANS EVERYTHING PACKAGE, AND I ONLY GET LIKE 150 CHANNELS( MOST OF THEM EITHER IN SPANISH OR THERE PLAYING THE SAME THING ON HBO, SHOWTIME, AND CINIMAX.)INSTEAD OF 250 CHANNELS I CALLED AND COMPLAINED AND I TOLD THEM THAT WHEN WE ORDERED WE WANTED TWO DVRS SO THEY CAME THE NEXT DAY TO FIX THE CHANNELS AND BRING ME THE TWO RIGHT DVRS I ORDERDED AND I ALL I GOT WAS A MAN ARGUEING WITH ME ABOUT MY CHANNELS AND HIM ALSO TELLING ME I HAVE TWO DVRS ALREADY THAT IT RECORDING IN TWO ROOMS AND THATS TWO DVRS. WELL I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT.

WHEN THESE UMPROFESSIONAL BONEHEADS COME TO YOUR HOUS THEY GET THE PRODUCT YOU ORDERED AND THE CUSTOMER GETS EITHER A TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL FROM CHEST PAINS FROM ARGUING WITH SOMEONE FROM THEIR COMPANY OR THEY GET TO SPEND MORE MONEY AND GO TO THE DOCTOR AND GET ANXIETY MEDICATION.

SO I AM DEFINATELLY A PERSON WHO UNDERSTANDS WHERE YOU ALL ARE COMING FROM. MAYBE THERE WILL BE SOME LAWS CHANGE WITH CABLE COMPANY'S.

i wasALSO CHARGED FOR A THIRD PARTY PAYMENT AND I HAVE NO CONTRACT WITH DIRECT TV HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS

direct tv is the worst. they rob you blind!

i wish i would have shopped around before committing myself to direct tv, and now i can't get out of the contract for another year. had to get my box replaced TWICE because THEY made the mistake and they CHARGED me. They even admitted that it was their fault and STILL CHARGED ME for bad wiring, forcing me to buy their insurance plan with a monthly cost.

COME ON. i hate direct tv, worst policies ever.

I recently moved in rural area and can only get Satellite tv. I fell for the direct tv scam NFL ticket and sports packages.

Well they advertise all football games are included in package but every week one or two games are blacked out. I called to complain they told me it was on this channel or that channel but it's not and after hours on the phone they said there is nothing they can do. It's blacked out due to football blackout restrictions.

Also MSG channel which I like to watch being from NY they black out all the games hockey and basketball. I complained why bother offering MSG channel and charge customers extra for sports package when they black out all games on the channel.

#82028

Direct TV is horrible. The guy who install my dish was incompetent.

And had a high odor. There are too many ways to loose the signal. It WAS off just as much as it's on at my house.

I dumped them. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Edmonton, England, United Kingdom #81922

Ugh I know how u feel. I had direct tv come and connect cable at my apartment, they said we could try it out and if we didn't like it we could cancel it within 15 days of connection, well the guy came and took forever to connect it so already i hated it i called to cancel it the very next day and a couple days later the took $400 out of my debit card without saying a word about it, it took a whole month to get my money back