Boulder, Montana
2.6

Back in December I contacted DirecTV customer support because I discovered there was no HD cable connected to my t.v.Meanwhile, I'd been paying $10/mo for HD service for over a year.

I was told I had waited too long to complain & they would send me an HD cable. My tv has a great picture so did not realize I was not getting HD. Only noticed when I has carpets shampooed & had to move the tv & cable box. At that time a pop-up appeared on my tv screen that I was not set up for HD.

When, out of frustration, I tried to cxl HD service, I was told I would loose my local channels if I cxl'd HD. They do not care that their service people did not do the correct job.

Now, my rates have been increased by $5/mo. The pkg I have should only be increased by $4/mo.

They are scammers & weasels.

If I had a better alternative, I would dump them in second.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Directv. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants Directv to issue a partial refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was pricing increase, not getting issues resolved and did not take resposibility for worker error. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Directv and directv tv service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

What kind of cable is connected to your tv?A standard def picture is a grainy picture, not great quality.

If you were to cancel hd on your reciever then technically you would have to switch out your reciever for a standard reciever.

The reason you would lose your locals is more than likely you are in a mpeg market, which means your locals only come in in HD.Some customers in an mpeg market that do not have an HD compatible tv do are given an HD reciever but they do not pay for HD service, so they ONLY get locals in HD.