1.1K views

This is in Boston Massachusetts- my husband and I are at Brigham and Women's Hospital for a long term--heart surgery, etc.The only amusement is the TV.

Who can I contact to tell them how inconvenient this is ? My husband has to lie in bed and not have some of his favorite programs available.What has happened to Customer service?? With all the profits that all of these companies make it is annoying to say the least.

Direct TV is using it's monopoly to call the shots.I do not know what the situation is, but I am sure it is all financial.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Englewood, Ohio, United States #1265724

Shame on DirecTV.They have had plenty of time to come to an agreement.

I should not have to miss programming because they can't do their job in a timely manner.

I pay way too much money for their service to have to put up with this BS.If it isn't fixed within the next couple of days, I promise to cancel my service and switch to another provider or just a regular antenna!!!!!!!

to Anonymous #1267519

premier - 144.99 - 315+

ultimate - 91.99 - 240+

xtra - 81.99 - 220+

preferred xtra - 79.99 - 200+

choice - 74.99 - 175+

entertainment - 61.99 - 150+ select - 51.99 - 145+ family - 29.99 - 90+ With what I just mentioned those are the directv packages (not the all included packages you see online but the ones you see on the bill if you are already with directv before 2016 Now say we round high, And you get approximately 15 local channels just + that to the package, Now an example here than comes out to: 330 Channels from Premier, Divide cost by channel count and you see you pay approximately .43 per channel, And if we round the thousandth, It would be .44 per channel.Now say if Directv had the negotiations going from Jan 1 to Jan 7 (which is when Hearst Television finally agreed) that is 7 days, Now take 0.439 * 7 that gives you 3.073.

If you didn't call to complain about the negotiations DURING the negotiations, Call them up and ask to know when agreement ends, They will get you to a department that can help you, Just tell that department you want 5$ of credit due to local channels. As far as break down: 330 for premier (if you have 15 locals by the way) nets you .43 per channel. 255 for ultimate (if you have 15 locals by the way) nets you .36 per channel. 235 for xtra (if you have 15 locals by the way) nets you .34 per channel.

215 for preferred xtra (if you have 15 locals by the way) nets you .37 per channel. 190...

105 for family (if you have 15 locals by the way) nets you .28 per channel.

With all that being said, If you do want to get compensated for what you did pay for those 7days (approximately, Don't recall when my locals went off, Just know they came on today) Call them and see if you can get your pennies back, For example I am in Select since out of house often and still like to use the directv app however, anyways it was 2.24 I paid for 7days of the one local that did come on, However they gave me 10$ off my next bill, once again if you just decided to not call them in complaining, ask for the contract department and they will more than likely to give you free money.*All information provided can be readily accessed online such as websites like directvpromise.com and also directv.com and as far as the contract department the original source of that was an oprah episode showing millions of people you can call to get your bill down.

Florence, Kentucky, United States #1263940

I hope that directv will be sending some money back. the high prices we pay for this, we should get money back for each day it is off. mine went off on 01/01/2017

to Anonymous Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1267520

premier - 144.99 - 315+

ultimate - 91.99 - 240+

xtra - 81.99 - 220+

preferred xtra - 79.99 - 200+

choice - 74.99 - 175+

105 for family (if you have 15 locals by the way) nets you .28 per channel.

Hartford, Connecticut, United States #1195126

I CANNOT believe that Directv has cancelled NBC!I know they are saying it's the Network's fault, but come on If the price is right you know they could get it back!

SORRY but it looks like DTV just lost a customer.Comcast here I come!

to Anonymous Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1267522

They didn't cancel it, .. did you even call them to get updated and IF you did did you interrupt them the entire time they were explaining it or did you just or listen?

The most common package is a package called choice, and in all seriousness you are probably in that package and if you are you only pay .42 per channel, *7 for the 7days it was off from Jan 1 to Jan 7th that means it was costing you 2.94 .. just call them and ask for 3$ credited back.

Also while you are at it go to directvpromise.com and click on "Local Stations" put in the zip code, then select your county and read.

Also seriously, If you cancel a service over 3$ I do want to let you know that wasn't a wise choice since comcast will be in negotiations in february or early to mid march, I'll see you saying "ATT U-Verse here I come!" in a month or so.

I have watched nbc for over 60 yrs my programs are on nbc I have a contract with direct that included nbc so if I want to go to another company I feel that direct broke the contract with me better get going dirct and resolve this disput or we have a problem

to Anonymous Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1267523

I enjoy this comment section it is so fun to come by and just lay down information that you could find yourself..

"(d) Our Programming Changes.Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase.

These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions.Accordingly, we must reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, and any other Service we offer, at any time."

Source: Directv.com/agreement

Exact link: https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/legal/customer_agreement

Definetly *** it's all about money an we the customers suffer

Do not use DirecTV or Big Dog Satellite TV.

I signed up a few months back. I did not get channels I wanted, channels I asked to make sure they were in the package.

Number 2 involves disk installation, the cable lines were just thrown on the ground, not buried, not in the air. They had to use a unattached garage to put the reciever and then laid the cable on the ground.

After 3 months they raised the rate by 250% even with a contract.

Service was disconnected, they then demanded that I pay all of the bogus charges, and I had to pay all charges before I spoke to a live person.

This did not stop DirecTV from calling about the bill, a bill I have stated from the beginning I would pay when I got an explanation.

Big Dog Satellite then sends me a letter to inform me that if the bill is not paid I will be charges $480.00. The really really bad thing is the dispute is over about $100.00.

I have formally complainted to the attorney general office about their business practices.

This is bait and switch, fraud, extortion. These guys are bizarre.

My name is Dennis and you can reach me at 1-319-743-9950.

I beleive the actions of DirecTV are meant to cause duress with me they have. Obviously I feel strong enough to stand up to a giant.