Hollywood, Florida
1.7

Is Direct TV lying? After 15 years of being a direct tv customer and 7 years of using the same Sony HD TV my screen displays "Your TV does not support this program's content protection." After 20 minutes of talking to a computer I finally get a service representative and he tells me it's the FCC's fault because, the FCC, sometime this afternoon, made my 2008 Sony HD TV incompatible with my HD receiver by activating HD content protection.

Also they told me it's ATT's fault that their internet equipment shorts out my AT&T modem. The ATT service guy told me it was DTV's equipment and demoed how every time he plugged in their modem connection the modem died. Oh did I mention that during the conversation with the tech rep and the supervisor who was in "another state" there was hysterical laughter in the background, and they were acusing me of being unprofessional. So here I sit with a blank screen with the Direct TV logo dancing around until Thursday the 31st.

That's a week from next Thursday! Today is Tuesday.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Reason of review: Old equipment no longer compatible with TV and mode.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Directv Cons: Cust svc was inept.

Comments

No they are not lying. HDCP is real.

You don't have to wait. Just use a component cable instead of hdmi.